For most people, the main goal of selling their home is to get the best price. This can be hard in an area where there are plenty of great homes available. That’s why it’s important to make your home stand out from the crowd. There are many ways to make your home more enticing to buyers, including paying attention to staging and cleaning. You’ll also want to avoid making common seller mistakes, like charging too much or not hiring a real estate agent. Below, you’ll find many great tips on selling your home:
- Open the curtains: Homes look better when you let in plenty of natural light. That’s why it’s a good idea to keep your blinds and/or curtains open whenever you’re showing your home to potential buyers. Natural light can make the space look larger and allow buyers to envision where they would put furniture and other items.
- Keep it clean: Preparing to sell your home should always involve a good cleaning. Even one unclean room could turn off some buyers. That’s why many people consider having their home professionally cleaned before showing it. If you’d rather clean on your own, just be sure to watch out for corners and any other spots where dirt and dust may hide.
- Consider the smell: Your home should always smell nice when showing it to buyers. That means you should avoid cooking anything with a strong scent on the same day as your showings. This could include bacon, onions, spices and other fragrant ingredients. Also, consider investing in a good air freshener to spray your rooms with before potential buyers arrive.
- Repaint some of the walls: Repainting the walls can be a low-cost and easy way to make your home more enticing to buyers. Be sure to go with a neutral tone, as extreme colors can distract prospective buyers.
- Make small renovations: While some renovations can be expensive, there are inexpensive options for improving the look of your home. For example, consider replacing any hardware in your kitchen or bathrooms that look a little worse for wear. These could include faucets, doorknobs and more.
- Don’t forget the outside: Increasing the curb appeal of your home is just as important as improving the inside. Buyers want to be impressed as soon as they take their first look at your home. Be sure to trim the hedges, cut the grass and clear any debris from your yard.
- Hire a good real estate agent: It’s usually not a good idea to try and sell a home on your own. Real estate agents have plenty of experience in selling homes, and are thus better at negotiating prices. A good agent will even help you come up with the perfect listing price to attract interest and bids.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to make your home more enticing to buyers. For more tips, or if you’re preparing to sell your house, contact the professionals at Valley Executives Real Estate & Property Management. We will pair you up with a good agent to handle your needs and get you the best price for your home.